See photos (2)

Tour Anfred

Historic site and monument, Historic patrimony, Tower, Rampart in Roquebrune-sur-Argens

  • Located on Place Perrin, the tower used to be part of the fortified enclosure wall.

  • The Anfred Tower is one of two towers that guarded the southern rampart wall of the Medieval town. Like the rest of the enclosure wall, the tower was coated in whitewash to ensure the enemy didn’t use the protruding stone to scale the wall and enter the village. According to a deed dated 13th July 1249, the Templars purchased a house which adjoined this tower and is still visible today.
  • Spoken languages

Our suggestions