See photos (4)

Port Royal de La Darse

Historic site and monument, Historic patrimony, Historic district, listed (CMN) in Villefranche-sur-Mer

  • The natural port was fortified in 1550 by the Dukes of Savoy.

  • In 1713 onwards they carried the title King of Sardinia and the Darse thus became a "Royal Port". Beginning in 1730, the great works were started: the lighthouse, the dry-dock basin, the arsenal and the forge. Then, as early as 1770, were added the prison, rope factory and officers' barracks.
    Today, it is a marina that has managed to preserve the legacy of its history. Since February 1990, the Royal Port of "Darse" has been listed in the Historic Monuments Inventory.
  • Spoken languages

Services
  • Services

    • Pokestop
    • Pokemon Arena
Our suggestions