Saint-Tropez

Lavoir Vasserot

Historic site and monument, Historic patrimony, Wash house, listed (CMN) in Saint-Tropez

  • This covered wash house was built in 1862 by architect, Charles Albert Vasserot.

  • It features three basins, one for coloured clothes, one for whites and one for rinsing. It was a meeting place for the female residents of Saint Tropez who would gather here to do their weekly washing.

    On the 2nd August 1991, the building which by then had been refurbished, was renamed the "Lavoir Vasserot" after its creator, a patron and honorary citizen of Saint-Tropez.

    The wash house is currently used as a cultural space, housing art exhibitions. On the 9th July 1981 it became a...
    It features three basins, one for coloured clothes, one for whites and one for rinsing. It was a meeting place for the female residents of Saint Tropez who would gather here to do their weekly washing.

    On the 2nd August 1991, the building which by then had been refurbished, was renamed the "Lavoir Vasserot" after its creator, a patron and honorary citizen of Saint-Tropez.

    The wash house is currently used as a cultural space, housing art exhibitions. On the 9th July 1981 it became a listed historic monument.
  • Spoken languages

Openings

Openings

  • All year
    Opened Everyday
Our suggestions