img-name-mising

Eglise Saint-Clément

Historic site and monument, Religious heritage, Church in La Garde-Freinet
  • The parish church is dedicated to St Clement, patron saint of the commune. Its situation dates probably from the Middle-Ages. It was rebuilt from 1782 to 1787 in response to the growth in population.

  • The church was completely rebuilt from 1782 to 1787 in response to the growth in population, but, in 1848, there was still not enough room. Despite a petition of 150 names, not enough money was raised to buy the surrounding houses to create a place in front of the church. Consequently, taking wedding photographs is almost impossible.
    The church has a simple plan with only one nave, it has been stripped of the confessionals, paneling and side altars, which once enhanced its interior.
  • Spoken languages
    • French
Openings
Openings
  • All year 2022
    Opened Everyday
Nos suggestions