Château des Bormettes à La Londe les Maures

Castle of the Bormettes

Historic site and monument, Religious heritage, Religious site in La Londe-les-Maures

  • Dependency of the Chartreuse de La Verne, it was built between 1588 and 1642 on the oldest agricultural estate in the area that the monks were to develop.

  • Covering several hundred hectares, it was the largest until the Revolution. It then includes Château Le Bastidon, around which olive trees predominate, with vines already predominating in Les Bormettes.

    The bell tower and bas-relief of an immaculate heart of Christ decorate the main entrance and still bear witness to this monastic past. Following its disappearance during the Second World War, the bell was replaced in 2012, restoring the building to its original appearance. The castle...
    Covering several hundred hectares, it was the largest until the Revolution. It then includes Château Le Bastidon, around which olive trees predominate, with vines already predominating in Les Bormettes.

    The bell tower and bas-relief of an immaculate heart of Christ decorate the main entrance and still bear witness to this monastic past. Following its disappearance during the Second World War, the bell was replaced in 2012, restoring the building to its original appearance. The castle also houses an old stone vaulted oil mill built in 1704 and renovated into a breeding cellar in 2015.
  • Spoken languages

Openings

Openings

  • All year
    Opened Everyday
Our suggestions