Buste des frères Orlov

Bustes des Frères Orlov

Historic site and monument in Villefranche-sur-Mer

  • In 1781, two brothers, Alexei and Grigory Orlov, were among the first notable Russian visitors to Villefranche-sur-Mer. In 1996, these two statues representing the Orlov brothers were donated by the Saint Petersburg Naval Academy.
    Boulevard Impératrice Feodorovna.

  • The history of Villefranche-sur-Mer is closely linked to the Russian presence. In the 18th century Russia had a significant squadron in the Mediterranean, the ships of which came from the Black Sea. The government of Sovoy-Sardinia agreed to cede to Russia Villefranche's Lazaret and Darse which it used as a depot for provisions and fuel. The harbour became the home port for the imperial nobility when visiting the States of Savoy. In 1781, two brothers, Alexei and Grigory Orlov, were among...
    The history of Villefranche-sur-Mer is closely linked to the Russian presence. In the 18th century Russia had a significant squadron in the Mediterranean, the ships of which came from the Black Sea. The government of Sovoy-Sardinia agreed to cede to Russia Villefranche's Lazaret and Darse which it used as a depot for provisions and fuel. The harbour became the home port for the imperial nobility when visiting the States of Savoy. In 1781, two brothers, Alexei and Grigory Orlov, were among the first notable Russian visitors to Villefranche-sur-Mer. In 1996, these two statues representing the Orlov brothers were donated by the Saint Petersburg Naval Academy.
  • Spoken languages

Our suggestions